Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Monkey Mess

No pictures for this one. Paul has taken a liking to the vent covers in our house. I at first thought it was cute, something for him to do, and so on. When Daddy found out that Paul had become adept at removing vent covers, he urged me to put a stop to it citing the possibility that Paul could drop something down one of them. Agreeing with his logic, I tried to be alert to Paul's propensity to imitate Grandpa Jeffcott's heating and air expertise and remind him of the "no-no-hood" of vent covers. Well, no one is perfect. I knew he was over there. I had told him no already and he had stopped messing with it. Then, out of the corner of my eye, I noticed him prying the vent cover in the study up off the floor with his little fingers. I resolved to issue another reminder as soon as I clicked a couple more buttons to complete my online purchase order, when it became obvious that I was too late. The cover itself had slipped down the dusty portal and knocked the duct off. So for the rest of the afternoon, the spiders in the crawl space enjoyed free climate control. Daddy came home that evening and crawled under the house with a roll of duct tape to fix the problem. We even let Paul stay up late thinking he would really get a kick out of talking to Daddy through a hole in the floor. Well. He actually freaked out. But, when you think about it, that would be pretty scary. However, in addition to the vent cover, we (Jon, that is) also discovered that Paul had managed to toss a CD and his Paci down the hole. I'm not sure if he was hoping his wish would come true or what.

No comments: